Chris Hornberger, FCMC
Direct Line: 902.449.1902
Chris is an experienced management consultant and project manager. She looks at the big picture and manages the details.
A Certified Management Consultant, Chris honed her strategic planning and implementation skills as a senior level manager in the public and private sectors in Canada and the US. Today she offers a wide array of support to an equally wide array of clients. This includes facilitating strategic and operational planning; assisting organizations in transition; and working with clients to create organizations that truly support their strategic goals.
But for Chris, it’s not about the task, it’s about the people. She works closely with clients to develop workable, creative solutions that achieve their strategic objectives. Her interactive approach facilitates timely and efficient communication and effective troubleshooting. And her energetic leadership style motivates teams to deliver innovative and practical solutions.
Chris is a life-long volunteer and believes in giving back to her community. She has served on boards and committees for multiple organizations in the not-for-profit and charitable sectors and is passionate about working with under-represented groups, including women, newcomers to the community, recent graduates and within the disability community.
Areas of Expertise
- Project management
- Strategic and operational planning and implementation
- Meeting and workshop facilitation
- Organizational development
- Change management and communications
- Strategic planning training
- Post-secondary education
- Healthcare and disability
- Population, immigration & workforce
- Public sector management and administration
- Not-for-profit & Charitable sector
- Senior level executive experience in both public and private sector organizations
- More than 15 years’ professional consulting experience
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Ontario
- As Vice President Operations of a high-tech healthcare company, Chris had overall accountability for delivery of telehealth solutions, management of consulting, implementation and technical support operations.
- In the capacity of General Manager of a customer service group in a US health management organization, Chris was responsible for providing claims processing and customer services to the 200,000+ health plan members in Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio.
- In a large public sector organization in Ontario Chris held a variety of positions, including roles at the Executive level and in Regional operations.
Exceptional planning. Extraordinary performance.