On February 2, 2016 Andy Cutten was notified of his appointment as a new Director with the NSCC Foundation.
The NSCC Foundation is a registered charity and the philanthropic arm of the Nova Scotia Community College established in 2001. This foundation supports the college’s mission to build Nova Scotia’s economy and quality of life through education and innovation. Their mission is supporting student success by reducing financial barriers and providing opportunities for students to learn and become leaders in their field.
The Foundation’s mission is fulfilled by:
– Promoting public awareness of the Foundation’s mission and vision and priorities of NSCC;
– Leading fundraising initiatives across the province for 13 campuses and ensuring the responsible management and stewardship of all donor funds; and
– Directing the administration, investment and distribution of funds and resources held in trust for the benefit of the College and its students.
They are governed by a board of directors consisting of community leaders and professionals dedicated to helping students realize their potential. Our volunteer board is responsible for:
– Advocacy – building relationships and educating others about the importance of our mission;
– Development – connecting potential donors to opportunities to make philanthropic and sponsorship investments;
– Stewardship – overseeing financial management, accountability and stewardship of donor gifts; and
– Grant-making – expending donor funds in alignment with their wishes for the benefit of NSCC and our students.