Peter Milley, FCMC
Direct Line: 902.452.9439
Peter sees the forest, the trees and the pathways through to sustainable new directions. He works with his clients to help them:
- Identify, evaluate and develop new business, product and market opportunities; and,
- Define and implement effective new strategies and directions to achieve growth.
He brings a proven planning methodology and approach to his assignments that is successful with private and public sector organisations; including such complex multi-stakeholder environments as community economic development initiatives related to development of strategic business plans related to regeneration and repurposing of idled pulp and paper mills and other industrial sites.
Peter has significant knowledge and strategic and business planning experience in several sectors including:
- Bioenergy, bioresources, other forest-based products and sustainability;
- Forest, wood and related building products; and,
- Universities and related research, development and innovation-focused organizations.
For all his engagements, Peter is able to draw on more than 25 years’ consulting experience, as well as senior executive experience as Vice President Corporate Development for the North American operations of a leading international wood products manufacturer, in public sector policy development, as well as in the financial services sector. Peter has worked in both the United States and Canada, and has conducted assignments across North America and Europe.
- Bioenergy, bioresources, other forest-based products, and sustainability
- Forest, wood and related building products
- Universities and related research, development and innovation-focused organizations
- Market research
- Strategy development
- Business planning
- Private, public and voluntary sectors
- Economic development
- PhD Candidate, Queen’s University
- MBA, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Political Science, Dalhousie University
- Fellow Certified Management Consultant
- Director and Immediate Past-President, CMC-Atlantic, Canadian Association of Management Consultants
- Director-at-Large, CMC-Canada, Canadian Association of Management Consultants
- Broad experience in managing and advising on public policy development in resource, technology, and economic development portfolios
Exceptional planning. Extraordinary performance.